Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleater-Kinney, Be Your Own Pet, Jaguar Love, CruelBlackDove, Dengue Fever, Duchess Says, Marnie Stern

The band Sleater-Kinney have been on hiatus for a couple years now, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the tunes. 2005's The Woods was the album that attracted me to the band.
The band Be Your Own Pet (myspace) called it quits also, back in August. They did this several months after Get Awkward dropped.
Around the same time as the break-up of Be Your Own Pet, Jaguar Love released Take Me To The Sea. That is a dude singing those lyrics, if you can believe it.
Cruel Black Dove is another band I am not sure how I found. On some blog at some time, I'm sure. Their album Full Powers has been around since the middle of 2008 and is available on iTunes.
Dengue Fever is heavily characterized by their cambodian singer.

This is from Venus On Earth (2008)
Duchess Says is a band from Montreal. The first song I heard by them was Ccut Up which can be heard, along with some other crazy songs, on their myspace.
Marnie Stern released her newest album about 4 months ago (I won't be writing down the title for you, you'll see why). She collaborates with Zach Hill in both her albums. Yes, it is her playing the guitar.

The Noisettes have a new one coming in about a month, so I will post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment